Calhoun County, Alabama

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q. Where do I pay my taxes?
At the Calhoun County Revenue Office:

Collections Department
1702 Noble St. Suite 104
Anniston, AL 36201

Or Pay in person by check, cash or money order at the Collections Department. No personal checks after February 15th.

Q. Why should I homestead my property?
A homestead exemption entitles a homeowner a discount on their taxes. for the property they live on.

Q. How do I get an address assigned to my property?
Call the Local 911 agency at 256-237-9119
Click here for Calhoun County 911 Web Page and addressing information.

Q. How do I find out who owns property?
You can call or come by the Revenue Assessing Department to find out ownership. We cannot give values or parcel numbers over the phone. You may also use our online tax system.

Q. How do I buy land in tax sale?
Contact the State Land Commissioner at:

Alabama Department of Revenue
Ad Valorem Tax Division
P.O. Box 327210
Montgomery, AL 36132-7210

State form LD-2 (located here) must be submitted to purchase property from the state.

Q. When are property taxes due?
October 1st thru December 31st each year.

Q. Why should I assess my property?
For many reasons:

  1. The law requires a property owner to Assess all property owned & improvements. 
  2. To make sure all correspondence reaches you & the Collections Department has a correct address & phone number. 
  3. To claim any Homesteads or exemptions due.

 If you are unable to come by the Revenue Commissioners Office for Public Information you need to Mail a $2.00 Research fee per parcel to:

Calhoun County Revenue Commissioner Office
C/O Mail Clerk
1702 Noble Street Suite 106
Anniston, AL 36201

About Us | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | ©2023 Calhoun County Alabama